26 Days Left

Saturday 26 April 2014

As I sit in a friend's house listening to the crickets and wild dogs outside my window, the realization hits me that I am leaving this place and these friends in a mere 26 days.

My heart is so full, yet so heavy at the same time. I'm here to spread love and show the people here how to love. Unfortunately, I think I may have been the one who loved too much.

I've grown so attached to the staff at the clinic, the children at the Child Restoration Outreach (a place for street children to go for the day), and the muzungu friends that I've made here. Am I ever going to see some of these people again? 

Forcing back the tears, I know I have to say goodbye and continue on with God's plan for me and my life. Though it may be hard, I will not fear for He is with me. 

I know the friends that I have made from all over the world (literally) were not just for nothing. I know the connections and relationships I've built up over the last four months will be to my benefit someday. I am definitely going to get as many sweaty, smelly, and dirty hugs as I can before I go!

But as for now, I still sit in a friend's house listening to the crickets and wild dogs outside my window, and come to the realization that this is my life and I wouldn't have wanted to live it any other way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner